In case of emergency and need for ambulance the general emergency number is 112. The emergency number is free of charge from any phone with no need for an area code.You can also call 112 from a foreign mobile phone connection. You still won’t need an area code, just dial 112.
Nearest hospitals are located in Kemijärvi and Rovaniemi. At Pyhä there is doctor's appointment and in Sodankylä is outpatien clinic.
Here is important numbers to remember:
- Kemijärvi hospital, emergency duty and first aid: +358 (0)20 690 870
- Central Hospital of Lapland, Rovaniemi General Emergency: 8.00 am – 10.00 pm Accident & Emergency, tel. +358 (0)16 328 214010.00 pm – 8.00 am Night emergency duty, tel. +358 (0)16 328 2100
- Sodankylä's outpatien clinic: +358 (0) 20692881
- Doctors appointment in Pyhä: +358 (0) 44 3034100
PHARMACY:In Pyhä and in Luosto are small medicine cabinet with basic medicines. The cabinet 's are located in the convenience of the grocery shops in Luosto and in Pyhä.Pharmacies are in Sodankylä, Rovaniemi and Kemijärvi
Sodankylä pharmacy is open Mon-Fri at 9-18, Sat at 9-15Kemijärvi pharmacy is open Mon-Fri at 9-18, Sat at 9-14In Rovaniemi are many pharmacies to choose from, also in the city center.
HOW TO OPERATE IN A CASE OF A EMERGENCY:Dial the emergency number 112 in genuine emergencies: when someone’s life, health, property or the environment is threatened or in danger or if you have cause to assume this to be the case.The person making the emergency call: call the emergency number 112 when an emergency occurs and answer the questions presented by the ERC operator and follow the instructions given
Assistance is provided by:
- rescue services
- ambulance service
- social services
- and other cooperation authorities and partners
The ERC Operator:
- evaluates the need for assistance
- alerts the appropriate unit(s)
- advises the caller on how to proceed
It is always good to inform also the reception of your accommodation if emergency occurs, but calling the 112 is the priority.