Information about the Corona-measures in Pyhä.
- Safety and guidelines in COVID-19 pandemic
- Restaurants at your service
- Enjoying outdoor fun in the National Park
- The Lapland tourist destination level Covid-19 risk management model
Travel to and from Finland
As of 28 December 2021 all passengers from all countries are required to show a negative COVID-19 test certificate issued less than 48 hours before their arrival in addition to proof of a full course of vaccination.
Please, check updated guidelines of traveling to/from Finland here.
Finnish Government decides on new COVID-19 restrictions
The Government has amended the decree that restricts the activities of food and beverage service businesses due to the COVID-19 epidemic. From now on, all food and beverage services businesses must close at 18.00. In addition, the restrictions on the use of the COVID-19 passport will be extended until the end of January. More information: https://valtioneuvosto.fi/en/-...
For these reasons be prepared to special organisations in the companies while visiting our area. Be prepared to show you COVID-19 passport or other parallel documentation (information about the vaccines brands, accepted in the EU, and the dates when vaccined was given). We also recommend to use a face mask. Thanks for the cooperation!
When planning a holiday in Pyhä:
- Do not travel if any symptoms like this occur: fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, muscle pain, fatigue runny nose, nausea, diarrhea. Loss of the sense of smell and/or taste have also been reported as symptoms of a COVID-19 infection.
- Make sure you follow all the rules your own region has issued. It is necessary to use face masks on all public transport and in indoor areas where safe social distancing cannot be adhered to.
- For a couple of weeks before the beginning of your trip, try to avoid all situations where you could be exposed to the coronavirus. Situations such as these are all public gatherings where safe distancing cannot be guaranteed. For instance, bars, shopping centres and group sports and pastimes. You must also avoid these situations while you are here.
- Only come here if you are healthy.
If you become ill while you are here, even with the slightest of symptoms (e.g. sore throat, runny nose, cough, diarrhea, changes in taste and smell), you must immediately go to the nearest coronavirus test station and remain in quarantine until you have received your test results.
- If you meet anyone belonging to a risk group, make sure that everyone wears face masks for the entire duration of the visit.
When on holiday still remember to protect yourself and others:
- Wear a mask in public transport, where close contacts cannot always be avoided. Put the mask on your face well before stepping on board a public transportation vehicle.
- Avoid crowds and maintain at least a one to two-metre distance from other people. This applies especially indoors.
- Wash your hands with water and soap often and carefully, for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if washing your hands is not an option. Hand sanitizer is available in area's service points.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth unless you have just washed your hands.
- Cough and sneeze into a disposable tissue and put the tissue in the bin immediately after use. If you do not have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your sleeve, not into your hands.
DOWNLOAD THE KORONAVILKKU-APPLICATION
Koronavilkku is a contact tracing app produced by the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL) to help you find out whether you may have been exposed to coronavirus. If you have a coronavirus test and are diagnosed as infected, you can use the app to share this anonymously with those you have been in close contact with. Your privacy is strongly protected.
More information and directions how to download here: https://koronavilkku.fi/en/
POSSIBLE INFECTION WHILE YOU ARE IN PYHÄ?
Do the Coronavirus symptom checker. Fill in this form if you suspect that you have caught coronavirus. Answer the questions carefully and truthfully. This form will help you check whether you might have a coronavirus infection. It gives you advice whether you need to see a doctor or a nurse. It also gives advice on how to stop the virus from spreading.
Take the COVID-19-test. Always make an appointment to take the test. Do not spread a potential virus by visiting health center, but wait and follow the instructions given on the phone. Contact information and opening hours for the COVID-19-test:
Pyhä Doctor Service Bene
COVID-19 ANTIGEN TEST, RAPID TEST
The price of the test is 55 € / person and to get the result takes about 15-20 minutes.
COVID-19 PCR TESTS
The price of the test is 160 € / person and the result is available within a day.
In both tests, a test certificate is included in the price.
Appointments for the test must be made by phone in advance, tel. +358 40 123 9923.
Times will be given Mon-Sun for you from 10am to 6pm.
If you're Finnish citizen you can get tested in public health care centers. Contact information below:
Pelkosenniemi health care center tel. +358 40 563 8131.
Open daily 8:00-13:30.
Sodankylä welfare center Sopukka tel. +358 40 128 5295.
Sopukka is open Mon - Fri from 8 am to 12 noon.
Kemijärvi welfare center Lapponia tel. +358 - 40 579 9243.
Lapponia is open Mon-Sun from 8 to 14.
Please book the time to the test online: https://kemijarvi.eaika.fi/cov...
Result of the COVID19-test are obtained within a day, and while waiting the test result the patient should stay indoors, in quarantine like conditions.
COVID-19 testing facilities opened at airports in Northern Finland
9lives, a Finnish healthcare company, opens COVID-19 testing facilities at the Oulu, Rovaniemi, Kuusamo, Kittilä, and Ivalo airports in Northern Finland. The facilities will be available through the tourist season in the North, till the end of April, if necessary.
The airport testing facilities serve mostly travelers from abroad who need to be tested either entering or, above all, leaving the country. 9Lives provides rapid antigen tests whose results will be available in about 30 minutes as well as PCR tests that take approximately 24 hours to give a result. A test can be booked at korona.9lives.fi.
9Lives also collaborates with tour operators. The company can provide COVID-19 testing to large groups in hotels by setting up a temporary testing facility in, for example, a meeting room in the hotel. 9Lives is happy to give an offer on this type of testing to tour operators and groups.
For more information - korona.9lives.fi
In case you are facing a normal flu symptom, you may stay at home treatment. Please do not spread exposure to others by restricting your visits to public areas. Avoid contact with other people and crowded places.
More information about the Current coronavirus situation in Finland: www.thl.fi
Due new Governments restrictions restaurants are open as follows:
- Colorado Bar & Grill Pyhä – daily 12 noon - 6 pm (kitchen until 5:30 pm).
- Pyhän Uula – daily 12 noon - 6 pm, take away until 8 pm, also delivery service.
- Ravintola Aihki – daily 4 pm - 6 pm.
- SportBar Pyhä - daily 3 pm - 6 pm and take away until 7 pm.
- Pyhä Wurst – during North Slopes opening hours.
- Ravintola Huttuhippu ja Huttupub – daily 12 noon - 6 pm, take away 6 pm - 8 pm.
- Calle-talo - daily 11 am - 6 pm.
- Ravintola Tsokka - daily 10:30 am - 4:30 pm.
- Pyhän Astelin ravintola – daily 10 am - 6 pm.
- Pororavintola Kopara - daily 10 am - 3 pm
- Cafe Kaira - daily 10 am - 4 pm.
- Lapland Hotels Luostotunturin bistro - daily 12 noon - 5 pm, take away 12 noon - 9:30 pm
- Restaurant Aurora – daily 3 pm - 6 pm, take away 6 pm-9 pm.
- Ski Knööli – during slopes opening hours.
- Ravintola Vaisko – daily 2 pm - 6 pm, take away 6 pm - 8 pm.
- Ravintola Punakettu – daily 12 noon - 6 pm, also for take away.
- Café Uksakka - Mon - Sat 11 am - 4 pm, food delivery to the cabins from 4 pm.
- Aarnikota - will open 27th of Jan.
- Lampivaaran kahvio - Mon - Sat 10:30 am - 3 pm.
- Torvisen Maja - Mon - Fri 11 am - 3 pm.
Coronavirus guidelines concerning outdoor fun in the National Park
Latest guidelines from Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland concerning the Coronavirus COVID-19 will be updated here. Keep posted on updates: www.nationalparks.fi/coronavirusguidelines.
The Lapland tourist destination level Covid-19 risk management model has been developed in extensive co-operation in Lapland with various authorities and tourism developers. The model was originally developed to secure international group tourism to Lapland so that the risk of the disease spreading to the population, tourism employee and tourists is minimized.
COVID-19 risk management measures are based on a risk analysis, in which the contact points along the customer's path are estimated with a four-step risk analysis. If the customer's point of contact falls into the “medium” or “high” risk level, more stringent protection measures than the general line are required. Each company must make a risk analysis and risk management plans based on the Lapland tourist destination level Covid-19 risk management model.
Operating according to the model the company shows that they want to act responsibly and take into account the risks caused by Covid-19 in its operations, and strives to operate in a safe manner in various customer service situations. We list here the companies in our resort that have made a risk analysis based in the the model and returned the completed forms to Visit Pyhä-Luosto ry.
- A La Carte Lapland Oy/safarihouse
- Ilona (shop)
- Healing Room Susannea
- Jaakkola Reindeer Farm
- Kairankutsu Oy - Call of the Wilderness
- Kutilan Liikenne
- Lapland Hotels Luostotunturi
- Lapland Safaris Luosto
- Lapland Ski Resort Luosto
- Parkside Pyhä
- Central booking agency Pyhähippu Oy
- Pyhä Ski Resort
- Pyhä Medical Centre Bene
- Pyhä Medical Service
- Pyhä-Luosto Travel Ltd
- Pyhän Asteli Resort
- Pyhän Hiuspiste (hairdresser)
- Puhätunturin Tupa
- Restaurant Aihki
- Restaurant Huttuhippu
- Restaurant Huttu-Uula
- Restaurant Kopara
- Restaurant LuostonHovi
- Restaurant Punakettu
- Restaurant Tsokka
- Restaurant Vaisko
- Sportbar Pyhä
- Sunday Morning Resort
- Tilausliikenne K. Tervola Ky (charter transfers)