Huttu-ukko’s guidelines for backcountry visitors
1. Do not ride alone, bring a friend along. Always tell at least one friend where you are going and when you are coming back.
2. Plan your trip beforehand and estimate how long it will take.
3. Pack snow safety equipment (pager, spade, probe). Make sure they work and you know how to use them. Always use a helmet when riding in forest areas. We also recommend you to use other protective gear, such as a protector vest.
4. Bring a phone, matches and a compass.
5. Check the weather forecast beforehand and make the appropriate changes to your route plan. Do not hesitate to back out if you are doubtful of the conditions.
6. Do not go beyond the boundaries. For example, the areas of Isokuru and Peurakero have restrictions. For information on restricted areas, contact Visitor Centre Naava: 0206 639 7302 or email@example.com.
7. Respect nature; do not break branches or move rocks around.
8. Do not litter. Bring back everything you take into the fell.
9. Be kind and respect others in the wild.
10. In case of an accident, call the emergency services number: 112.Huttu-ukko encourages you to contact Pyhä Ski School if you are interested in the backcountry but are unfamiliar with the area.